Line bicycles allow linesman to safely travel along transmissionline conductors and earthwires.
The advantage towards line-cars is that they are muscle powered. Without any motorization the operator can conveniently pedal along the line for inspection, installation of spacers, vibration dampers or aircraft warning spheres. Models for single conductor, twin, triple, quad-bundled conductors are available.
- high-tensile ball-bearing mounted neoprene sheaves with fall protection
- static braking device with jaws locking on conductors, controlled by lever
- dynamic disc braking device at the drive shaft, controlled by lever
- convenient adjustment to conductor spacing between 400 and 510 mm
- comfortable sitting position
- fall protection
- meter counter device